KGS Home | Personnel
David C. Harris
Head, Energy and Minerals Section
Kentucky Geological Survey
340 Mining and Mineral Resources Bldg.
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0107
Joined KGS in 1990.
- 1979, B.S., Geology, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Va.
- 1982, M.S., Geology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, N.Y.
Analysis of oil and natural gas resources in Kentucky and surrounding states; includes subsurface stratigraphy, sedimentology, reservoir characterization, and petrography of Paleozoic rocks in the Appalachian and Illinois Basins. Also responsible for computer mapping and GIS analysis of subsurface data. Also interested in carbonate sedimentology and stratigraphy.
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Kentucky Society of Professional Geologists
- Indiana-Kentucky Geological Society
- Great Lakes Section, SEPM
- Harris, D.C., and Sparks, T.N., 2000, Regional subsurface geologic cross Sections of the Mississippian System, Appalachian Basin, eastern Kentucky: Kentucky Geological Survey, ser. 12, Map and Chart 14, 1 CD-ROM.
- Harris, D.C., and Baranoski, M.T., 1997, Cambrian pre-Knox Group play in the Appalachian Basin: Kentucky Geological Survey, ser. 11, Information Circular 58, 26 p.
- Harris, D.C., and Drahovzal, J.A., 1996, Cambrian hydrocarbon potential indicated in Kentucky's Rome Trough: Kentucky Geological Survey, ser. 11, Information Circular 54, 11 p.
- Harris, D.C., and Baranoski, M.T., 1996, Play Cpk: Cambrian Pre-Knox Group Play, in Roen, J.B., and Walker, B.J., eds., Atlas of major Appalachian gas plays: U.S. Department of Energy, p. 188-192.
- Drahovzal, J.A., Harris, D.C., Wickstrom, L.H., Walker, D., Baranoski, M.T., Keith, B.D., and Furer, L.C., 1992, The East Continent Rift Basin: A new discovery: Kentucky Geological Survey, ser. 11, Special Publication 25 p.
- Harris, D.C., 1990, Ramp buildups in the lower Strawn limestone (Penn.): Controls on stratigraphic reservoir variability, in Flis, J.E., and Price, R.C., eds., Permian Basin oil and gas fields: Innovative ideas in exploration and development: West Texas Geological Society Symposium, Publication 90-87, p. 91-101.