John D. Kiefer
|Title: Assistant State Geologist
Kentucky Geological Survey
206B Mining and Mineral Resources Bldg.
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0107
|Joined KGS in July 1979
- 1961, B.S., Geology, St. Joseph's College, Rensselaer, Ind.
- 1965, M.S., Engineering Geology, University of Illinois at Champaign, Champaign, Ill.
- 1970, Ph.D., Engineering Geology, University of Illinois at Champaign, Champaign, Ill.
Assist the director in the administration of KGS activities; supervise the geologic hazards program, the Well Sample and Core Library, laboratory services, and the Henderson field office.
- Geological Society of America
- Engineering Geology Division, GSA
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Society for Sedimentary Geology
- Seismological Society of America
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Kentucky society of Professional Engineers
- Association of Engineering Geologists
- Kentucky Society of Professional Geologists
- Society of Sigma Xi
Engineering geology, geologic hazards, environmental geology, seismology, hydrogeology, geology and public policy.