KGS Home | Personnel
Brandon C. Nuttall
Title: Geologist, Energy and Minerals Section
Kentucky Geological Survey
342 Mining and Mineral Resources Bldg.
University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky 40506-0107
Joined the KGS in August 1977.
1971, B.S., Geology, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Ky.
Duties include definition and maintainence of the oil and gas well record database, generation of oil and gas activity statistics for Kentucky, design and implementation of digital and map products for public distribution, monitoring coalbed methane activitity statewide, public service, education outreach, and compilation of petroleum history of Kentucky. Project development and acquisition of extramural funding is also a major responsibility. Also, is the GPS, digital camera, and fly-fishing consultant to the KGS.
- Kentucky Society of Professional Geologists
- Kentucky Registered Professional Geologist #1364
- Chesnut, D.R., Jr., Nuttall, B.C., Eble, C.F., Greb, S.F., Hower, J.C., and Hiett, J.K., 1997, Coalbed methane in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, USA, Proceedings of the International Coalbed Methane Symposium, May 12-17, 1997: Tuscaloosa, AL, University of Alabama, p. 365-374.
- Hasenmueller, N.R., Comer, J.B., Irwin, P.N., Sowder, K., Zuppann, C.W., Carpenter, J., Morse, D.G., Nuttall, B.C., and Hill, D.G., 1999, A new GIS compilation of "Final Report GRI92-0391/Illinois Basin Studies 2: Gas potential of New Albany shale (Devonian and Mississippian) in the Illinois Basin": American Association of Petroleum Geologists Bulletin, v. 83, n. 8, p.1369.
- Nuttall, B.C., 1989, Index to oil and gas fields of Kentucky: Lexington, Kentucky Geological Survey, Series 11, Information Circular 27, 267 p.
- Nuttall, B.C., 1996, The Middle and Upper Ordovician bioclastic carbonate ("Trenton") play in the Appalachian Basin: Lexington, Kentucky Geological Survey, Series 11, Information Circular 55, 21 p.
- Nuttall, B.C., 1999, Cambrian and Deeper Tests of Kentucky: Kentucky Geological Survey, Series 12, Map and Chart 1, scale 1:1,000,000.
- Nuttall, B.C., 1999, Oil and gas map of the Corbin 30 x 60 minute quadrangle: Kentucky Geological Survey, Series 11, Map and Chart 22, 1:100,000-scale.