KGS Home | Personnel
Title: Geologist, Geologic Mapping Section
Kentucky Geological Survey
University of Kentucky
504 Rose Street
228 Mining and Mineral Resources Bldg.
Lexington, Kentucky 40506-0107
Joined KGS in 2001.
- 2001, B.S., Geology, Geography; Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Ky.
- 2011, M.S., Geology; University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky.
- Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Maintenance Database: correlating geology to landslides and rockfalls along Kentucky roadways
- Radon Mapping
- Characterization of mapped geologic units
- Various geology and GIS research projects
- KGS Internal Seminar Series Coordinator
- Kentucky River Watershed Watch Board Member
- Overfield, B.L., 2011, "A Classification of lower Paleozoic carbonate-bearing rocks for geotechnical application,” Masters Theses. Paper 127. http://uknowledge.uky.edu/gradschool_theses/127.
- Carey, D.I., Paylor, R.L., and Overfield, B.L., 2006, Generalized geologic map for land-use planning: McCreary County, Kentucky, Kentucky Geological Survey Map and Chart Series 144-12, 1 page.
- Carey, D.I., Overfield, B.L., and Paylor, R.L., 2006, Generalized geologic map for land-use planning: Whitley County, Kentucky, Kentucky Geological Survey Map and Chart Series 141-12, 1 page.
- Overfield, B.L., Weisenfluh, G.A., Andrews, W. A., 2004, Availability of Coal Resources for the Development of Coal: Davis (W. Ky. No. 6) and Dekoven (W. Ky. No. 7) Coals: Kentucky Geological Survey, Open File Report, 52 p.
Abstracts of Research Presented at Professional Meetings
- Overfield, B.L., Weisenfluh, G.A., Wang, R., 2010, Analysis of the geologic context of maintenance costs for rockfalls, landslides, and sinkholes in Kentucky: Phase II, [abs]: Geohazards in Transportation in Appalachia conference, Chattannooga, Tn, August, 2011.
- Weisenfluh, G.A., Overfield, B.L., Wang, R., 2010, Analysis of the geologic context of maintenance costs for rockfalls and landslides in Kentucky, [abs]: Geohazards in Transportation in Appalachia conference, Columbus, OH, August, 2010.
- Overfield, B.L., Weisenfluh, G.A., Eble, C.F., 2005, Coal washability data trends in eastern Kentucky [abs]: Eastern Section meeting of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Morgantown, West Virginia, September, 2005.
- Overfield, B.L., Andrews, W.M. Jr., Weisenfluh, G.A., 2002, Coal resource estimates-communicating results to the public: Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, Combined North-central-Southeastern section meeting, Lexington, Ky., v. 34.