References for Coal Testing
- American Society for Testing and Materials, 2013, Annual book of ASTM standards, volume 05.06, Gaseous fuels; coal and coke; catalysts; bioenergy and industrial chemicals from biomass: American Society for Testing and Materials, 880 p.
- Bustin, R.M., Barnes, M.A. and Barnes, W.C., 1985, Diagenesis 10. Quantification and modelling of organic diagenesis: Geoscience Canada, v. 12, no.1, p. 4-21.
- Energy Information Administration, 2001, Reducing emissions of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and mercury from electric power plants: U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Integrated Analysis and Forecasting, 86 p., http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/servicerpt/mepp [accessed 02/03/2017].
- Energy Information Administration, 2003, Reducing nitrogen oxide emissions: 1996 compliance with the Title IV limits: U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Integrated Analysis and Forecasting, 11 p., http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/electricity/nox_emissions/contents.html [accessed 02/03/2017].
- Fierro, V., Miranda, J.L., Romero, C., Andrés, J.M., Arriaga, A., Schmal, D., and Visser, G.H., 1999, Prevention of spontaneous combustion in coal stockpiles: Experimental results in coal storage yard: Fuel Processing Technology, v. 59, no.1, p. 23–34.
- Finkelman, R.B., 1981, Modes of occurrence of trace elements in coal: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report, OFR-81-99.
- Finkelman, R.B., 1995, Mode of occurrence of environmentally-sensitive trace elements in coal: in Swaine, D.J., and Goodarzi, F. (eds.), Environmental aspects of trace elements in coal: Springer, New York, Energy and the Environment, v. 2, p. 24-50.
- Greb, S.F., Eble, C.F., Peters, D.C., and Papp, A.R., 2006, Coal and the environment: American Geological Institute, Environmental Education Series, 64 p.
- Hower, J.C., and Wild, G.D., 1988, Relationship between Hardgrove grindability index and petrographic composition for high volatile bituminous coals from Kentucky: Journal of Coal Quality, v. 7, p. 122– 126.
- Mukhopadhyay, P.K., and Hatcher, P.G., 1993, Composition of coal, in Law, B.E., and Rice, D.D. (eds.), Hydrocarbons from coal: American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Studies in Geology, v. 38, p.79-118.
- Rait, N., and Aruscavage, P.J., 1989, The determination of forms of sulfur in coal, in Golightly, D.W., and Simon, F.O., eds., Methods for sampling and inorganic analysis of coal: U.S. Geological Survey Bulletin, v. 1823, p. 63–68.
- Sinha, N.C., Moitra, A.K. and Majumdar, S., 1962, Some methods for calculating Hardgrove grindability index of coals: Journal of Mines, Metals and Fuels, v. 10, no. 11, p.1-6.
- Stach, E., Mackowsky, M.-Th. Teichmüller, M., Taylor, G.H., Chandra, D., and Teichmüller, R., 1982, Stach's Textbook of Coal Petrology: Gebrüder Borntraeger, Stuttgart, 428 p.
- Swaine, D.J., 2013, Trace elements in coal: Essex, Great Britain, Butterworth-Heinemann Publishing, 278 p.
- Suárez-Ruiz and Crelling, J.C., 2008, Applied coal petrology: New York, Elsevier Publishing, 395.
Thomas, L., 1992, Handbook of practical coal geology: New York, Wiley, 338 p.
- Trimble, A.S. and Hower, J.C., 2003. Studies of the relationship between coal petrology and grinding properties: International Journal of Coal Geology, v. 5, no. 3, p.253-260.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2004a, Acid rain program, 2003 progress report: EPA 430-R-04-009, 17 p., http://www.epa.gov/acidrainreport [accessed 02/03/2017].
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2004b, The ozone report—Measuring progress through 2003: Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards, Emissions, Monitoring, and Analysis Division, EPA-454/K-04-001, 19 p., http://www.epa.gov/air/airtrends/aqtrnd04/ozone.html [accessed 02/03/2017].
- U.S. General Accounting Office, 2000, Acid rain: Emissions trends and effects in the eastern United States: Report to Congressional Requesters, GAO/RCED-00-47, 33 p., http://www.gao.gov/new.items/rc00047.pdf [accessed 02/03/2017].
- van Krevelen, D.W. van, 1993. Coal: Typology, Physics, Chemistry, Constitution. Elsevier, 3rd edition [first edition published in 1961], 979 p.
- Ward, C.R., 1984, Coal geology and coal technology (chemical analysis and classification of coal): Melbourne, Australia, Blackwell Scientific Publishers, p. 40-70.
- Zimmerman, R.E., 1979, Evaluating the testing and coking properties of coal: San Francisco, Miller Freeman Publishing, 144 p.