KGS Home > Coal
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Emissions and Sequestration
- Bartlett, K., Pinsker, L.M., and Reed, C., 2003, Demonstrating carbon sequestration: American Geologic Institute, Geotimes, p. 22-25. http://www.geotimes.org/mar03/feature_demonstrating.html
- Bergman, P.D., and Winter, E.M., 1995, Disposal of carbon dioxide in aquifers in the U.S.: Energy Conversion and Management, v. 36, p. 523-526.
- Energy Information Administration, 1998, Impacts of the Kyoto Protocol on U.S. energy markets and economic activity: U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Integrated Analysis and Forecasting, Washington, D.C., SRI OIAF/98-03, 226 p., http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/kyoto/kyotorpt.html
- Energy Information Administration, 2004, What are greenhouse gases?: U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C., www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/1605/ggccebro/
- Energy Information Administration, 2004, Emissions of greenhouse gases in the United States, 2003: U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C., 108 p., www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/1605/ggrpt/index.html
- Gale, J., and Freund, P., 2001, Coal-bed methane enhancement with CO2 sequestration worldwide potential: Environmental Geosciences, v. 8, no. 3, p. 210-217.
- Keeling, C.D., 1997, Climate change and carbon dioxide: An introduction: Proceedings National Academy of Science USA, v. 94, p. 8273-8374. http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/94/16/8273?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&author1=keeling%2C+C.D.&title=climate+change&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&fdate=5/1/1996&resourcetype=HWCIT
- Pashin, J.C., Carroll, R.E., Groshong Jr., R.H., Raymond, D.E., McIntyre, M.R., Payton, W.J., 2003, Geologic screening criteria for sequestration of CO2 in coal: quantifying potential of the Black Warrior coalbed methane fairway, Alabama: Annual Technical Progress Report, U.S. Department of Energy, National Energy Technology Laboratory, contract DE-FC-00NT40927, 190 p.
- Reeves, S.R., 2003, Assessment of CO2 sequestration and ECBM potential of U.S. coalbeds: U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C., Topical Report, DE-FC26-00NT40924, 57 p.
- Schroeder, K., Ozdemir, E., and Morsi, B.I., 2001, Sequestration of carbon dioxide in coal seams: U.S. Department of Energy, National Energy Technology Laboratory, First National Conference on Carbon Sequestration, Session 3A, 10 p. http://www.netl.doe.gov/publications/proceedings/01/carbon_seq/carbon_seq01.html
- Stanton, R., Flores, R., Warwick, P.D., Gluskoter, H., and Stricker, G.D., 2001, Coal bed sequestration of carbon dioxide: U.S. Department of Energy, National Energy Technology Laboratory, First National Conference on Carbon Sequestration, Session 3A, 10 p., http://www.netl.doe.gov/publications/proceedings/01/carbon_seq/carbon_seq01.html
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, 1997, Kyoto Protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, 17 p. http://unfccc.int/resource/docs/convkp/kpeng.html
- United Nations Environment Programme, no date-accessed 2006, Vital climate graphics, website, http://www.grida.no/climate/vital/13.htm
- U.S. Department of Energy, 1999, Carbon sequestration research and development: Office of Fossil Energy, Office of Science, Washington, D.C., December, 195 p. http://www.netl.doe.gov/technologies/carbon_seq/index.html
- U.S. Department of Energy, 2004, Carbon sequestration technology roadmap and program plan: National Energy Technology Laboratory, 24 p. www.fe.doe.gov/programs/sequestration/publications/programplans/2004/SequestrationRoadmap4-29-04.pdf
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2002, Greenhouse gases and global warming potential values-Excerpt from the inventory of U.S. greenhouse emissions and sinks: 1900-2000: U.S. Greenhouse Gas Inventory Program, Office of Atmospheric Programs, Washington, D.C., EPA 430-R-02-003, April, 16 p. http://yosemite.epa.gov/oar/globalwarming.nsf/UniqueKeyLookup/SHSU5BUM9T/$File/ghg_gwp.pdf
See also National Energy Technology Laboratory publications and facts (including annual Carbon Sequestration Conference Proceedings and updates of regional carbon sequestration partnerships http://www.netl.doe.gov/publications/
See also Greenhouse gases- climate change
Back to Coal and the Environment References