KGS Home > Coal
Methane Emissions (Fugitive Methane)
- Bartlett, K., Pinsker, L.M., and Reed, C., 2003, Demonstrating carbon sequestration: American Geologic Institute, Geotimes, p. 22-25.
- Eltschlager, K.K., Hawkins, J.W., Ehler, W.C., and Baldassare, F., 2001, Technical measures for the investigation and mitigation of fugitive methane hazards in areas of coal mining: U.S. Department of the Interior, Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement, Appalachian Regional Coordinating Center, Pittsburgh, PA., 124 p., http://www.ott.wrcc.osmre.gov/library/hbmanual.htm
- Energy Information Administration, 1997, Mitigating greenhouse gas emissions: voluntary reporting: U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Integrated Analysis and Forecasting, Washington, D.C., DOE/EIA-0608-96, 118 p., http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oiaf/1605/cdrom/pdf/vr95rpt/0608-96.pdf
- Gale, J., and Freund, P., 2001, Coal-bed methane enhancement with CO2 sequestration worldwide potential: Environmental Geosciences, v. 8, no. 3, p. 210-217.
- Pashin, J.C., Carroll, R.E., Groshong Jr., R.H., Raymond, D.E., McIntyre, M.R., Payton, W.J., 2003, Geologic screening criteria for sequestration of CO2 in coal: quantifying potential of the Black Warrior coalbed methane fairway, Alabama: Annual Technical Progress Report, U.S. Department of Energy, National Energy Technology Laboratory, contract DE-FC-00NT40927, 190 p.
- Reeves, S.R., 2003, Assessment of CO2 sequestration and ECBM potential of U.S. coalbeds: U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C., Topical Report, DE-FC26-00NT40924, 57 p.
- Schultz, K., 2003, Coal mine-ventilation air methane mitigation: Technologies to harness an energy and environmental resource: Center for Applied Energy Research, University of Kentucky, Energeia, v. 14, p. 1-3., http://www.caer.uky.edu/energeia/enerhome.shtml
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1999, U.S. Methane Emissions 1990-2020: Inventories, Projections, and Opportunities for Reductions: Washington, D.C., EPA 430-R-99-013, 179 p., http://www.epa.gov/methane/projections.html
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2002, Anthropogenic methane emissions in the United States: Estimates for 1990-Executive Summary: Washington, D.C., 10 p.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2004, Inventory of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions and sinks, 1990-2002, Executive summary: Washington, D.C., EPA 430-R-04-003, 26 p.
Back to Coal and the Environment References