KGS Home > Coal
Miners Health and Safety
- Crandall, G., Bevers, M., Johnson, T., and Cohen, E., 2002, The Federal Black Lung Benefits Act–A summary for miners, their survivors, and people who assist them: United Mine Workers of America, 63 p.
- Energy Information Administration, 1995, Coal Data: A Reference: U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C., DOE/EIA-0064(93), Washington, D.C., 132 p., http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/FTPROOT/coal/006493.pdf
- Finkelman, R.B., 2004, Potential health impacts of burning coal beds and waste banks: International Journal of Coal Geology, v. 59, p. 19-24.
- Kentucky Coal Education, Coal Mining: Mine Safety-website links: Kentucky, http://www.coaleducation.org/abstract/cmining/minsaf.htm
- Mine Safety and Health Administration, 2004, End black lung now and forever: U.S. Department of Labor, Washington, D.C., web site, http://www.msha.gov/s%26hinfo/blung/homepage.htm
See also Mine Safety and Health Administration website, http://www.msha.gov/
Back to Coal and the Environment References