KGS Home > Coal >
Coal Origins and General Composition
- Energy Information Administration, 2005, Coal basics 101 website, http://www.eia.doe.gov/basics/coal_basics.html
- Energy Information Administration, 1995, Coal Data: A Reference: U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C., DOE/EIA-0064(93), Washington, D.C., 132 p. http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/FTPROOT/coal/006493.pdf
- Greb, S.F., 2002, Coal science—The formation of Kentucky coals, in Goode, J.B. (Ed.), Mining in the 21st Century—The Cutting Edge: Ashland, Kentucky, Jesse Stuart Foundation Books, p. 85-92.
- Papp, A.R., Hower, J.C., and Peters, D.C., 1998, Atlas of Coal Geology: American Association of Petroleum Geologists Studies in Geology 45, CD ROM.
- Schweinfurth, S.P., 2003, Coal—A complex natural resource: U.S. Geological Survey, Circular 1143, 39 p.
See also Coal Key Links, Kentucky Geological Survey, Earth Science Education Network, http://www.uky.edu/KGS/education/coal.htm
Back to Coal and the Environment References