KGS Home > Coal >
Coal Resources and Reserves (U.S.)
- Appalachian Basin Resource Assessment Team, 2002, 2000 resource assessment of selected coal beds and zones in the northern and central Appalachian basin coal regions: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1625-C, CD ROM.
- Energy Information Administration, 1995, Coal Data: A Reference: U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C., DOE/EIA-0064(93), Washington, D.C., 132 p. http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/FTPROOT/coal/006493.pdf
- Energy Information Administration, 1999, U.S. coal reserves, 1997 update, varied pagination, http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/coal/reserves/front-1.html
- Energy Information Administration, 2003, State coal profiles website, http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/coal/statepro/imagemap/usaimagemap.htm
- Eggleston, J.R., Carter, M.D., and Cobb, J.C., 1990, Coal resources available for development—A methodology and pilot study: U.S. Geological Survey, Circular 1055, 15 p.
- Fort Union Coal Assessment Team, 1999, Resource Assessment of Selected Tertiary Coal Beds and Zones in the Northern Rocky Mountains and Great Plains Region: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1625 A, Chapter PN, version 1.2, CD-ROM.
- Hatch, J.R., and Affolter, R.H., 2002, Resource assessment of the Springfield, Herrin, Danville, and Baker coals in the Illinois Basin: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1625-D, CD-ROM.
- Kirschbaum, M.A., L.N.R. Roberts, and L.R.H. Biewick, 2000, Geologic assessment of coal in the Colorado Plateau: Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah: U.S. Geological Survey, Professional Paper 1625-B, CD-ROM, disks 1 and 2, Version 1.0.
- Northern and Central Appalachian Basin Coal Regions Assessment Team, 2001, 2000 resource assessment of selected coal beds and zones in the northern and central Appalachian Basin coal regions: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1625-C, version 1.0, 2 CD-ROMs.
- Ruppert, L.F., Kirschbaum, M.A., Warwick, P.D., Flores, R.M., Affolter, R.H., and Hatch, J.R., 2002, The U.S. Geological Survey’s national coal resource assessment: the results: International Journal of Coal Geology, v. 50, p. 247-274.
- Sites, R.S., E.V.M. Campbell, K.K. Hostettler, N.K. Gardner, and S.J. Tewalt, 1991, Restrictions to mining: Their effect on available coal resources, in Peters, D.C., ed., Geology in coal resource utilization: Fairfax, Virginia, Techbooks, Inc., p. 81-94.
- Treworgy, C.G., 1991, Techniques for estimating the coal reserve base of a region using a geographic information system: A case study, in Peters, D.C., ed., Geology in coal resource utilization: Fairfax, Virginia, Techbooks, Inc., p. 59-67.
Back to Coal and the Environment References