Kentucky Oil and Gas Well Location Shape Files
Contact: Brandon Nuttall
In cooperation with Bryan Bunch of the Kentucky Environment and Public Protection Cabinet, the oil and gas well location shape file that was supplied as KYOG83 has been replaced with an automated service. This service will provide more timely updates of the shape file.
Subscribe to the RSS feed to get automatic notification of updates.
5/16/08: New version now compliant with 8.3 file naming convention required by Microsoft Jet Database engine. See documentation.
- Current version information - Information on the current shape files. (Opens in a separate window, close to return to this page.)
- kyog_dd: Download shape file (decimal degrees, NAD83 version, approx. 16Mb, Mirror)
- kyog_1z: Download shape file (Kentucky State Plane Single Zone, NAD83 version, approx. 16Mb, Mirror)
- General documentation and userguide.
- kyog_dd Metadata in FAQ format (being revised, opens in new window, close to return to this page)
- kyog_1z Metadata in FAQ format (being revised, opens in new window, close to return to this page)
- Base maps
- Carter coordinate to latitude-longitude conversion
© 2006 Kentucky Geological Survey, University of Kentucky