FAQ: How do I contact a consulting geologist?

[Return to FAQ index]
[Previous Question]
[Next Question]

Independent consulting geologists are found by looking for GEOLOGIST in the yellow pages of the phone book. Often engineering firms employ geologists and may also perform contract geological services. Kentucky law requires persons practicing geology to be registered with the state and licensed as professionals. A professional geologist must meet requirements of education and experience and should show any client their certification materials. Contact the Kentucky Division of Occupations and Professions, Board of Registration for Professional Geologists at 502/564-3296 (extension 226) for information on the registered geologists in Kentucky and request a copy of the Consumer Guide to Geological Services.

Links to organizations:

[KGS Home Page]
[KGS Staff Contacts]
[Main Oil and Gas Page]

© 2002 Kentucky Geological Survey, University of Kentucky
Created 18-Jul-2002