KGS Home > Geology of Kentucky
Hikers are encouraged to be responsible for their actions while hiking in the Red River Gorge area. The following rules are copied from the Trail Guide to Natural Bridge with permission of the Park Naturalist. The following acts are prohibited when hiking the trails:
- Hiking with pets.
- Disturbing, capturing or killing any animal, including poisonous snakes.
- Picking flowers, or removing any plant material.
- Collecting specimens, including those for research purposes.
- Building fires or backcountry camping.
- Rock climbing and rappelling.
- Riding mountain bikes, ORV's, and horses.
- Use of alcoholic beverages.
Things to Remember
The following list is copied from the Trail Guide to Natural Bridge with permission of the Park Naturalist.
- Shortcutting the trails leads to unsightly soil erosion. Please stay on the marked trail.
- Most forest fires are caused by careless people. Please don't smoke while hiking the trails.
- Do not hike alone. In case of an emergency you will need someone to summon aid.
- Our trails are closed each day at sunset. Hiking at night in this terrain is extremely dangerous.
- Please don't be a litterbug.
For More Information Contact:
Park Naturalist, Natural Bridge State Resort Park, Slade, Kentucky 40376.
Back to Virtual Field Trip - Trail to Natural Bridge