Fort Garrett is a Woodford county community at the junction of KY 169 and KY 1967. Garrett Station on the Lexington and Nashville Railroad operated here beginning in 1889 on the land of William Garrett. The station closed and the tracks were removed in the 1930s. The area is now known for its orchards. A Fort Garrett post office operated from 1891 to 1917. The source of the "Fort" part of the name is not known.