Havilandsville is a northern Harrison county community on Richland Creek near the Licking River on the border with Pendleton county. In the nineteenth century it was an active center for agricultural processing and trade. A Travellers Rest post office opened on the north side of Richland Creek in 1833. It moved to the Harrison county side in 1842 and was renamed Havilandsville for the postmaster, Robert S. Havilands. It closed in 1926.