Kiddville is a Clark county village at the junction of KY 1960 and KY 974 near Lulbegrud Creek. It was founded in the middle nineteenth century and named for the family of William Burgess Kidd, a settler in the area. An earlier Kiddville was probably located nearby at the mouth of Combs Branch and may have been the site of a distillery. Kiddville was planned as the seat of proposed new county which was never formed and though it was once a thriving town it had declined by the end of the nineteenth century. A Kiddville post office operated from 1842 until 1906.