L and E Junction is a Clark county community on L and E Junction Road (KY 1960) near Stoner Creek about seven miles east of Winchester. The site was once the junction of the Lexington & Eastern Railroad and the Lexington & Big Sandy Railroad and had stations known variously as Fairlie and K.U. Junction as well as L & E Junction. The L & E later became the Kentucky Union Railroad and eventually part of the Louisville and Nashville Railroad. The L & B.S. later became part of the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad. The L & E tracks, which extended southeast to Clay City, what is now Natural Bridge State Park, Torrent, and beyond and passed through several tunnels, were removed by the mid-twentieth century. A Dodge post office operated at the site from 1885 until 1923, named for the builder of the railroad to the southeast.