Mount Olivet, the seat of Robertson county, is located near the center of the county at the junction of US 62 and KY 165. It was founded about 1820 and the name is of biblical origin. It is popularly thought that the original name was Hell's Half Acre, although this has not been documented. The Mount Olivet post office opened in 1850. The population in 1990 was 384.
The Robertson County Courthouse in Mount Olivet was built in 1873.