Redhouse is a Madison county village on KY 388 and Otter Creek about four miles north of Richmond. It was established in the 1840s and may have been named for the Red House Tavern or a large red brick house in the area. It was the site of the Red House Station of the Kentucky Central Railroad. The post office opened in 1883 as Sturgel, the name of the postmaster, but it was soon changed to Red House and finally Redhouse. It closed in 1954.