Sanders is a Carroll county town on Eagle Creek. It was settled by the early nineteenth century and was known from an early time as Rislerville, for a local storekeeper, and Sanders Mill, for a local family of millers. The town was included in Gallatin county until the boundaries were adjusted in 1872. A Sanders Mill post office operated briefly around 1816. A Bramlette post office, perhaps nearby in Gallatin county, operated around 1865. When the Cincinnati and Lexington railroad arrived in 1867 the station was called Dixie, but it was renamed Liberty Station for the nearby town of New Liberty. The town was renamed Sanders in 1874 and the post office was renamed in 1884. The population in 1990 was 231.