Preparing All Students for Success (PASS)
Western KY Science Leaders Cadre
Funded by the Council on Postsecondary Education
|January 2011 - June 2012||$150,000|
Districts Included in Grant
|Dawson Springs Ind.||Lyon||Paducah Ind.|
|Fulton Ind.||Mayfield Ind.||Warren|
- Ensure that every participant has a deep understanding of Kentucky's Science Standards, including literacy in science detailed in the new Common Core State Standards, and how to translate them into clear learning targets as measured by performance on pre/post content tests and analysis of teacher-created tasks and the resulting student work.
- Utilize clear learning targets to design high quality formative and summative assessments as measured by a rubric for quality assessment design.
- Implement effective instructional practice, as outlined in Characteristics of Highly Effective Teaching and Learning in Science, with a specific focus on planning rigorous and congruent learning experiences. The effectiveness of instruction will be measured by students' pre/post content gains and analysis of related student work.
- Develop network participant's leadership capacity to support Highly Effective Teaching and Learning in science in schools and/or districts through the use of Implementation and Impact Reports.
- Develop administrator knowledge and skills to support implementation of Highly Effective Teaching and Learning in science using Leadership By Design and Program Improvement Profile rubrics and analysis of principal observations.
Kim Zeidler-Watters - Director
Diane Johnson - PIMSER Regional Teacher Partner
Higher Education Partners
Rico Tyler & Martha Day - Western Kentucky University
For More Information
For more information on this program, please contact:
Kim Zeidler-Watters, Director