Math Leadership Support Network (MLSN)
Do your math leaders need support in their program improvement efforts? Currently, PIMSER is offering the Math Leadership Support Network (MLSN) to math leaders at any level (school, district, regional, or state) in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Form a professional learning community by participating in an ongoing study of important conceptual and pedagogical issues (formative and summative assessment, inquiry, literacy...) that face elementary, middle, and high school mathematics teachers.
- Build leadership capacity and improve content and pedagogical knowledge that will improve your mathematics program.
- Become aware of the latest research on teaching and learning in mathematics and how to translate that into effective classroom practices.
- Provide your district with local experts who are knowledgeable about the program of studies and core content for assessment.
- Receive a wealth of resources to enable the implementation of improvement efforts in their schools/districts.
Educators who are charged with the task of assisting school(s) and/or the district with mathematics improvement efforts in grades K-12.
Facilitators (Regional Teacher Partners)
Pam Harned, Jane Hunt,
Terry Parkey, Tami Pickett,
$1250 per participant
Includes morning refreshments and lunch, meeting space, facilitator fees, administrative support, and all training materials.
Dates & Locations
We are no longer accepting new participants for the 2009-2010 academic year.
For More Information
For more information on the program itself, please contact:
Kim Zeidler-Watters, Director
For more information regarding registration and payments, please contact:
Jessica Dutzy, Conference Coordinator