Science Leadership Support Network (SLSN)
Do your science leaders need support in their program improvement efforts? Currently, PIMSER is offering the Science Leadership Support Network (SLSN) to math leaders at any level (school, district, regional, or state) in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Form a professional learning community by participating in an ongoing study of important conceptual and pedagogical issues (formative and summative assessment, inquiry, literacy...) that face elementary, middle, and high school science teachers.
- Build leadership capacity and improve content and pedagogical knowledge that will improve your science program.
- Become aware of the latest research on teaching and learning in science and how to translate that into effective classroom practices.
- Provide your district with local experts who are knowledgeable about the program of studies and core content for assessment.
- Receive a wealth of resources to enable the implementation of improvement efforts in their schools/districts.
Educators who are charged with the task of assisting school(s) and/or the district with science improvement efforts in grades K-12. These individuals may have full, part, or no release time.
Diane Johnson & Becky Smith - Regional Teacher Partners
Kim Zeidler-Watters - Director, P-12 Math & Science Outreach Unit, PIMSER
Karen Kidwell, Kentucky Department of Education
$1250 per participant
Includes morning refreshments and lunch, meeting space, facilitator fees, administrative support, and all training materials.
Dates & Location
Lexington - Embassy Suites/Four Points Sheraton
All workshops and institutes are subject to cancellation or change in location based on number of registered participants.
Registration & Payment
We will only accept registrations completed online. Registrations for MLSN MUST be received by August 30, 2009. You will need a purchase order number, authorizing official, and a mailing address for the invoice to complete your registration. You will be invoiced upon receipt of your registration.
Clicking on the registration link above will take you to an external site not part of the University of Kentucky or PIMSER.
For More Information
For more information on the program itself, please contact:
Kim Zeidler-Watters, Director
For more information regarding registration and payments, please contact:
Jessica Dutzy, Conference Coordinator