From: UK Police
Date: June 9, 2015
Subject: Public Safety Notice
In the interest of safety, University of Kentucky Police Department has issued a Public Safety Notice. The UK Police Department has been informed that the following crime, which occurred near UK’s campus, is being investigated by the Lexington Division of Police:
At approximately 2:49 a.m. Thursday, June 9, it was reported that a male victim was shot, causing serious injuries, as he was walking east on East Maxwell Street near Linden Walk with a female friend. A witness reported there were three suspects who approached the victim and his friend from behind. The suspects fled the area immediately and remain at large.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident, please contact Lexington Division of Police at 859-258-3600.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
• If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
• Carry a cell phone to be able to call for help in emergencies.
• Do not travel alone after dark; walk with a friend or with a group.
• Whenever possible, look out for your friends when you go out together; walk together and make sure that everyone gets home safely.
• Park in well-lit areas when possible.
• Turn over any requested items (purse, wallet, etc.).
• Make statements with authority – “BACK-OFF! STOP! NO-WAY!” You deserve to be respected.
If you have been a victim of violence, or would like to be a part of UK’s effort to end violence, please contact the Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Center for confidential services, support and referrals: 859-257-3564.
Lexington Division of Police
150 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507