The Presidential Search Committee, appointed to advise the Board of Trustees of the University of Kentucky, is composed of six Board members, three faculty, one alumni, two students, and a staff member. The Committee's chair and spokesperson is Trustee James W. Stuckert.
The Presidential Search Committee is charged with recommending to the Trustees, at a date to be determined, an unranked list of three to five individuals who, in the Committee's judgment, are well qualified to lead the University of Kentucky as its next president. The Search Committee is asked to base its recommendations upon the leadership criteria adopted by the Board of Trustees, as well as upon the Trustees' established policies with respect to equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The Board asks the Presidential Search Committee, in discharging its duties, to conduct the following activities:
* Draft and place advertisements for the position, using the statement of leadership qualities as the basis for advertising;
* Actively solicit nominations and applications from a diverse group of well-qualified persons, including women and minorities;
* Oversee the receipt of and responses to applications and nominations from all sources;
* Select and interview semifinalist candidates;
* Oversee the checking of references of semifinalists in conjunction with consultant firm;
* Oversee arranging campus visits for finalist candidates and spouses in conjunction with consultant firm;
* Provide the Board information about the finalists, such as their curriculum vitae;
* Provide the Board candidates' responses to interviews as well as their activities while on the campus visit;
* Report to the Board a summary of campus and community reactions to finalist candidates;
* Ensure that appropriate information about the University and the presidency is provided to candidates at each stage of the screening process;
* Ensure that confidentiality is strictly observed with respect to applicants and to the Committee's internal deliberations.
The Board of Trustees extends its gratitude to the members of the Presidential Search Committee for accepting this demanding assignment. You have the Trustees' warmest wishes for a successful conclusion. Upon your wisdom, the future of the University rests.