[Netscape 6.2, Internet Explorer 7.0, or Opera 7.20 (or above)
are recommended for viewing this and subsequent pages.]
This site is still
(and likely always will be)
The following information concerning various facets of the Global English Research Project is accurate as of the date indicated at the bottom of this page. Please address (using e-mail) any comments or suggestions to the individual(s) named below.
Table of Contents
- 'Instructor's Guide'
- 'Lesson 1'
- '[A word to the translator]; The Transitional English Alphabet, with sound; Stress and
Quantity [Durative] Accents; Diphthongs; Vocabulary (1); Dialogue; Plurality; Pronouns; Tenses
(present, past, future); Possesives; Interrogatives; Vocabulary (2); Infinitive; Sounds;
Word Order; Study Aid (1-8); Exercises (1-18); Answers to Study Aid (1-8); Answers to
Exercises (1-18); Numbers; Colors; Telling Time; Days of the Week; Months of the Year;
- 'Lesson 2'
- 'Review of Grammar; Adjectives; Vocabulary(1); Dialogue; Vocabulary (2); Exercises
(1-4); Review; Negation; Exercises (5-10); Personal Pronouns; Verb to be;
Possessives: Adjectives and Pronouns; Possession Expressed with Nouns; Exercises (11-24);
- 'Lesson 3'
- 'Review; Exercise (1-2); Vocabulary (1); Dialogue; Vocabulary (2); Adverbs; Review of
the Endings; Exercises (3-7); Review of Numbers; Ordinal Numbers; Exercises (8-20); Answers
(1-20); Vocabulary (3); Exercises (1-7); Responses in [Your Language] (1-7); Vocabulary (4);
Study the Sentences and Translate.'
- 'Lesson 4'
- 'Affirmation, Question, Response; Vocabulary (1); Dialogue; Relative and Demonstrative
Pronouns; Demonstrative Adjectives; Demonstrative Pronouns; Exercises (1-15); Answers (1-15);
Test of the Alphabet; Vocabulary (2); Exercises (1-5); Answers (1-5).'
- 'Lesson 5'
- 'Phrases; Joe Verde; Review of Sounds and Alphabet; Plural; Adverbial Ending; Direct
Object Position; Verbs (infinitive, present, imperative, past, future, conditional);
Vocabulary (1); Dialogue; Oral Exercises (1-10); Answers (1-10).'
- 'Lesson 6'
- 'Review; Affirmation; Prepositions; Exercises with Prepositions; Vocabulary (1); In
Restaurant; Continue the Exercises with Prepositions; Exercises (1-15); Answers (1-15); Two
Objects of Verb, Direct and Indirect; Vocabulary (2); Dialogue; Comparison of Adjectives;
Exercises (*1-15); Answers (*1-15).'
- 'Lesson 7'
- 'Prefixes; Suffixes; Exercises (1-8); Answers (1-8); Exercises (1-7); Answers (1-7);
Exercises (*1-8); Answers (*1-8); Writing Letters; Vocabulary; Létr (Letter);
- 'Lesson 8'
- 'Conditional tense; Imperative; Reflexive Pronouns; Vocabulary; Lítl Red
Ráyding Hud (Little Red Riding Hood); Exercises; Answers.'
- 'Lesson 9'
- 'Vocabulary (1); Gétisbrg Adrés (Gettysburg Address); Proverbs;
Vocabulary (2); Joke (1); Vocabulary (3); Deklaréyshn av
Indipéndûnts (Declaration of Independence); Vocabulary (4); Joke (2);
Vocabulary (5); Exercise: Tök Gívn ët Fulbrighter's
Risépshn (Talk Given at Fulbrigters' Reception).'
- 'Lesson 10'
- 'Vocabulary (1); Exercise; Vocabulary (2); Hístri av "Trensíshnl
Ínglish" (History of Transitional English); Vocabulary (3);
Priémbl tu Kanstitúshn (Preamble to U.S. Constitution);
Améndmûnts tu Kanstitúshn: Bil av Rayts (Amendments to U.S.
Constitution: Bill of Rights); Ensemble of Exercises; The Standard English Alphabet, with sound.'
- 'Appendix 1' - 'Little Red Riding Hood in Standard English'
- 'Appendix 2' - 'Declaration of Independence in Standard English'
- 'Appendix 3' - 'Preamble to U.S. Constitution; Amendments to U.S. Constitution: Bill of Rights in Standard English'
- 'Appendix 4' - 'Gettysburg Address in Standard English'
- 'Appendix 5' - 'Talk Given at Fulbrighters' Reception in Standard English'
- 'Appendix 6' - 'Vocabulary: Transitional English -to- [Your Language]'
- 'Appendix 7' - 'Vocabulary: English -to- [Your Language]'
- 'Appendix 8' - 'Vocabulary: [Your Language] -to- English'
- 'Course Evaluation'
|Webmeister: R. W. Kiser, Professor Emeritus ... E-mail: email@example.com
||Global English Author: J. Lihani, Professor Emeritus ... E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated 13 November 2003