The Discovery Seminar Program (DSP) is an exciting opportunity for first-year students. In the academic year, 2011-2012, our faculty will be offering seminars on such topics as the environment, leadership, and religion and politics. DSP courses are alternative ways to fulfill a UK Core requirement.
This optional program, open only to first-year students (including transfers*) offers:
- 3 credit-hour courses.
- Small seminars with no more than 25 students in each.
- Greater flexibility in meeting one of the requirements of UK Core.
- Engaged experiences inside and outside of class.
*Transfers with less than 30 credit hours are eligible to register for a Discovery Seminar.
Important Points to Remember...
- Seminars are available only during the FALL semester.
- You can register for only ONE seminar.
- Some seminars may have additional expenses associated with particular field trips.