Robinson Leaders Selection
To be considered for inclusion into the Robinson Leaders Program:
- You must be a first-generation college bound student. Your parents or legal guardians cannot hold four-year college degrees at the time of acceptance into the pool.
- You must be a resident of one of our 29 service area counties in eastern Kentucky.
- Applicants will be selected based on factors such as enrollment in the pre-college curriculum, academic achievement, participation in community service, extracurricular activities, personal enrichment, and need for financial aid.
This is an online application. You will need to complete the entire application at one time because the survey will not allow you to start and resume at a later time. Paper applications will also be provided to high school guidance counselors.
You will need the following information to complete the online application.
- A parent or legal guardian must verify that your information is correct
- Your household income information for 2011 such as tax returns, check stubs, etc.
- Information about current and past curriculum
- Basic biographical information about applicant and parents/guardian
- One essay of 300 to 500 words on
- You will need at least one valid email address. For this application, we advise that you do not use a Hotmail account as your primary source of email contact. The University of Kentucky email server has experienced difficulty in sending emails to "hotmail.com" accounts. We have not experienced this problem with other email accounts.
- We have endeavored to provide a complete list of high schools in the service region. If your high school is not listed in the menu selection, please select "Other."
- Copy of current high school transcript
- Copies all standardized test scores, such as Plan, Achieve, ACT, PSAT, etc.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
Submit all paper applications and supporting paper documention to:
Robinson Scholars Program
130 Robinson Road
Jackson, KY 41339
If you are having technical difficulties, please contact Jeff Spradling, Director, at 859-257-5230, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.