The Robinson Scholars Program has revised its application and selection process. Each year the Robinson Scholars Program will review new applicants and select up to 100 current high school freshmen from our 29-county service region to participate in the Robinson Leadership Program.
The goal of the Robinson Leadership Program is to expand its services and greatly increase first generation students’ ability to attend college and pursue a bachelor’s degree. Those selected to the Robinson Leaders Program will be eligible to participate in enrichment activities that emphasize academic preparation for college and that develop students’ social, career, and leadership skills. Activities and services for students in the leadership program include:
- Career and College Coaching
- ACT Prep Workshops
- Leadership, Career, & Academic Workshops
- Summer Academic Enrichment Camps in the areas of space science, forestry, robotics, and humanities
- Financial Aid Workshops
- College Visits
- Community Service Opportunities
- Financial Assistance for the ACT & AP Exams
- Eligibility for the Robinson Scholarship
Students selected for the Robinson Leaders Program will be eligible to receive the Robinson Scholarship, a 4-year scholarship to the University of Kentucky. Only students that are selected as part of the leaders program and that remain active through their junior year of high school will be eligible for this opportunity. Currently, the program offers 29 scholarships, one for each county in the service region. Selection into the leadership program does not guarantee receipt of a Robinson Scholarship.
Robinson Leader Selection
To be considered for inclusion into the leadership program:
- You must be a first-generation college bound student. Your parents or legal guardians cannot hold four-year college degrees at the time of acceptance into the program.
- You must be a resident of one of our 29 service area counties in eastern Kentucky.
- Applicants will be selected based on factors such as enrollment in the pre-college curriculum, academic achievement, participation in community service, extracurricular activities, personal enrichment, and need for financial aid.
For information on how to apply to be a Robinson Leader, click here.
For those Robinson Leaders who need to submit their enrichment or community service activities for approval during the 2012-2013 school year, please click here.
For those Robinson Leaders who need to submit their enrichment or community service activities for approval during the new 2013-2014 school year, please click here.