- Research methods
- Program evaluation
- Educational Practices
- Emotional Abuse
David Royse is a professor in the College of Social Work at the University of Kentucky and has been a faculty member since 1985. He is the author of textbooks on the topics of research methods, program evaluation, field instruction, teaching, and data analysis. A new textbook on needs assessment is currently being written. He has published over 60 refereed articles in professional journals.
Dr. Royse has several ongoing research projects. Among them is an investigation of telephone interviews as a means of educating people about the importance of cancer screening, and a related project that will examine whether fatalistic beliefs interfere with learning about the risk of cancer. Dr. Royse is an evaluator for a five state project, the Appalachian Community Cancer Network and the director of the College's doctoral program.
- Royse , D. (1994) HOW DO I KNOW IT'S ABUSE?. Springfield, IL: CC Thomas.
- Royse , D. (2001). TEACHING TIPS FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY INSTRUCTORS: A PRACTICAL GUIDE. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Montcalm, D. & Royse, D. (2002). DATA ANALYSIS FOR SOCIAL WORKERS. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Royse , D., Thyer, B. & Padgett, D. (5 th edition 2009). PROGRAM EVALUATION: AN INTRODUCTION. Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole.
- Royse , D. (6th edition 2010). RESEARCH METHODS IN SOCIAL WORK. Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole.
- Royse , D., Dhooper, S. S., & Rompf, E. L. (6 th edition 2010). FIELD INSTRUCTION: A GUIDE FOR STUDENTS. Boston : Allyn & Bacon
- Royse , D., Staton-Tindall, M., Badger, K. & Webster, M. (2009). NEEDS ASSESSMENT: A GUIDE. New York: Oxford University Press.
Recent Journal Publications:
- Royse, D. & Badger, K. (2010). Adult burn survivors' views of peer support. A qualitative study. Social Work in Health Care, 49(4), 299-313.
- Collins-Camargo, C. & Royse, D. (2010). A study of the relationship among effective supervision, organizational culture promoting evidence-based practice and worker self-efficacy in public child welfare. Journal of Public Child Welfare, 4 (1), 1-24.
- Royse, D. & Badger, K. (2010). Helping others heal: Burn survivors and peer support. Health and Social Work, 49 (1), 1-8.
- Royse , D. & Dignan, M. (2009). Improving cancer knowledge and screening awareness: Test of a telephone interviewer intervention. Journal of Cancer Education, 24(4), 315-318.
- Royse , D. & Dignan, M. (2009). Appalachian knowledge of cancer and screening intentions. Journal of Cancer Education. 24 (4), 357-362.
- Royse , D. & Dignan, M. (2008)). The Appalachia Community Cancer Network: Issues and challenges in evaluation. Research on Social Work Practice, 18 (5), 507-513.
- Jones, B. & Royse, D. (2008). Citizen Review Panels: The connection between training and perceived effectiveness. Child Abuse & Neglect. 32 (10), 918-919.
- Jones, B. & Royse, D. (2008). Citizen Review Panels for CHild protection services: A notional profile. Child Welfare, 87 (3), 143-162.
- Badger, K., Royse, D. & Craig, C. (2007). Hospital social workers and indirect trauma exposure: An exploratory study of contributing factors. Health and Social Work 33 (1), 63-71.
- Tindall, M., Royse, D. & Leukefeld, C. (2007). Substance use, criminality, and social support: An exploratory analysis with incarcerated women. American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 33, 237-243.