Intern Placement Tracking (IPT)
The College of Social Work’s Field Education Program uses an internet-based placement system called Intern Placement Tracking, or IPT for short. This web-based software was developed to assist colleges with the complex issues associated with managing student interns in their field placements. It is also a valuable tool for students to begin researching prospective agencies for their practicum placements, and provides students with access to descriptive information about agencies and learning opportunities.
The Field Education Program uses IPT to:
- Provide password-protected, web-based access to pertinent field placement information for students, practicum instructors, and field instructors.
- Update and expand our field agency database, so current and future students have quick access to accurate agency information when researching field placements.
- Provide the Director of Field Education and Faculty Practicum Instructors the ability to communicate directly to students and advise them regarding appropriate field placements.
- Maintain accurate and timely information on individual student placements in the field.
- Quickly access information for students when employers and/or graduate schools request information about a student’s internship experience.
- Meet accreditation requirements to maintain data, assess and report on Field Education.
All students and faculty practicum instructors are provided registration information and support for their use of IPT.
- Setting Up Your Student Account
- Sort and Search Agency Placements
- Confirming Your Placement in IPT
- Completing Your CSWE Statistics Page
- Field Faculty can find the instructions for IPT
here (coming soon)
Reminder: the organizational ID for UK’s IPT system is “uky”. You will need to input this every time you log in to the system.
If you forget your user name or password please click on the ‘ Forgot your username or password ’ link at the bottom of the login page – www.runipt.com
You will be prompted to enter three things:
(1) Organization ID: uky
(2) User Type: “Faculty/Administrator” if you are field faculty or “Student” if you are a student.
(3) Your email address.
A reset password link will be emailed to you in 5 you 10 minutes.
If after trying this you are still unable to log in, please contact Desha Scanlon at email@example.com.
|Safety in Practicum Student Checklist (pdf)||97.73 KB|
|2015 Student Orientation Checklist (pdf)||146.05 KB|