- Substance abuse
- Women's issues
- Behavioral health service utilization
- Treatment outcomes
- Rural populations
Dr. Staton-Tindall has published in the area of women and substance abuse, prison-based treatment, health service use among incarcerated women, and employment among drug offenders. In addition, Dr. Staton-Tindall has contributed regularly at national and international scientific meetings, including presentations at the College on the Problems of Drug Dependence annual meetings and the Society for Social Work and Research annual meetings. She serves as an ad-hoc reviewer for several journals and has been a guest editor of two special issues of Substance Use and Misuse and a recent special issue of the Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions on caregiver substance use and child trauma.
- Staton-Tindall, M., Wahler, E., Webster, J.M., Freeman, R., & Leukefeld, C. (2012). Telemedicine-based alcohol services for rural offenders. Psychological Services, 9(3), 298-309. DOI: 10.1037/a0026772
- Staton-Tindall, M., Sprang, G., & Clark, J. (2012). Caregiver drug use and arrest as correlates of child trauma exposure. Journal of Evidence-Based Social Work. 9:3,265-282. DOI: 10.1080/15433714.2010.494982.
- Staton-Tindall, M., Duvall, J., McNees, E., Walker, R. & Leukefeld, C. (2011). Outcomes following prison and jail-based treatment among women residing in metro and non-metro communities following release. Journal of Drug Issues, 41(2), 197-216.
- Staton-Tindall, M., Frisman, L., Lin, H., Leukefeld, C., Oser, C., Havens, J., Prendergast, M., Surratt, H., & Clarke, J. (2011). Relationship influence and health risk behavior among re-entering women offenders. Women’s Health Issues, 21-3, 230-238. doi: 10.1016/j.whi.2010.10.006.
- Staton-Tindall, M., McNees, E., Leukefeld, C., Walker, R., Oser, C., Duvall, J., Pangburn, K., & Thompson, L. (2011). Treatment utilization among metro and non-metro participants of corrections-based substance abuse programs re-entering the community. Journal of Social Service Research, 1–11, doi:10.1080/01488376.2011.582019
- Staton-Tindall, M., Havens, J.R., Oser, C.B., Prendergast, M., & Leukefeld, C. (2009). Gender-specific factors associated with community substance abuse treatment utilization among incarcerated substance users. International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology , 53 (4), 401-419.
- Staton-Tindall, M., McNees, E., Leukefeld, C., Walker, R., Thompson, L., Pangburn, K., & Oser, C. (2009) Systematic outcomes research for corrections-based treatment: Implications from the Criminal Justice Kentucky Treatment Outcome Study. Journal of Offender Rehabilitation, 48(8), 710-724.
- Staton-Tindall, M., Duvall, J.L., Oser, C.B., Leukefeld, C., & Webster, J.M. (2008) Gender differences in employment among drug court participants: The influence of peer relations and friendship network . Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions, 8(4), 530-547.
- Staton-Tindall, M., Oser, C.B., Duvall, J.L., Havens, J.R., Webster, J.M., Leukefeld, C.G., & Booth, B.M. (2008). Gender differences in substance use among rural Kentuckians: The contribution of spirituality and religiosity. Journal of Drug Issues, 38(3), 863-882.
- Staton-Tindall, M., Leukefeld, C., Palmer, J., Oser, C., Kaplan, A., Krietemeyer, J., Saum, C., & Surratt, H. (2007). Relationships and HIV risk among incarcerated women. The Prison Journal, 87 (1), 143-165.