Tuesday, January 13, 2015- Student Center Small Ballroom
The K2 Kick-off is an introduction to life as a UK student and is intended for new undergraduate students (both freshmen and transfer) starting at UK in the spring semester. Here are a few reasons to take advantage of the K2 Kick-off:
- Hear presentations from current UK students and faculty and staff members.
- Get advice on everything from doing well in classes to getting involved on campus to how to get athletic tickets.
- If you’re a transfer student, you will hear from UK's transfer advisor and get your questions answered about credit transfers and equivalencies.
- If you’re a freshman, you will learn the differences between high school and college. Get tips on how to ease your transition.
- If you’re a veteran, you will hear from representatives of UK’s Veterans Resource Center, including students who have made the transition to UK themselves.
- You may tour campus with other new students. Student leaders will help you find your classrooms before the first day of the semester.
- You will have the opportunity to join a K Team, a small orientation group led by an upperclass student leader. K Teams will participate in a free dinner following the Kick-off and will be in touch throughout the spring semester. Being part of a K Team is a great way to meet other new students and have your questions answered by a student leader.
- Get a free long-sleeve K2 t-shirt (available for the first 100 participants)!
K2 Kick-off Schedule
- 12:00pm - Registration and complimentary lunch begin (no need to arrive any earlier than 12)
- 1:00pm - Welcome & Induction
- 1:30pm - You Heard it Here First: Tips from a Faculty Member
- 2:00pm - Breakout sessions for:
- 4:00pm - Top 5: Your Guide to Everything UK
- 4:30pm - Prize Drawning
- 4:35pm - Campus Tour: Learn Where Your Classes Are Tomorrow (optional)
- 5:00pm - K Team Free Dinner (optional)