Tuesday, January 13, 2015- Student Center Small Ballroom
The K2 Kick-off is an introduction to life as a UK student and is intended for new undergraduate students (both freshmen and transfer) starting at UK in the spring semester. Here are a few reasons to take advantage of the K2 Kick-off:
- Hear presentations from current UK students, faculty, and staff members.
- Get advice on everything from doing well in classes to getting involved on campus to how to get athletic tickets.
- If you’re a transfer student, you will meet with UK's transfer advisor and get your questions answered about credit transfers and equivalencies.
- If you’re a freshman, you will learn the differences between high school and college. Get tips on how to ease your transition.
- If you’re a veteran, you will hear from representatives of UK’s Veterans Resource Center, including students who have made the transition to UK themselves.
- You may tour campus with other new students. Student leaders will help you find your classrooms before the first day of the semester.
- You will have the opportunity to join a K2 Team, a small orientation group led by an upperclass student leader. K2 Teams will participate in a free dinner following the Kick-off and will be in touch throughout the spring semester. Being part of a K2 Team is a great way to meet other new students and have your questions answered by a student leader.
- Get a free long-sleeve K2 t-shirt (available for the first 100 participants)!
K2 Kick-off Schedule
- 12:00 p.m. - Registration, complimentary lunch, and resource fair begins (no need to arrive any earlier than 12)
- 1:00 p.m. - Welcome & Induction by President Eli Capilouto
- UK Libraries presentation
- Presentation U!
- You Heard it Here First: Tips from a Faculty Member
- Developing as a Leader on Campus
- Breakout sessions for:
- Parking & Transportation on Campus
- Top 5: Your Guide to Everything UK
- 4:35 p.m. - Campus Tour: Learn Where Your Classes Are Tomorrow (optional)
- 5:00 p.m. - K2 Team Free Dinner (optional)
K2 Kick-off Registration
Check-in and a complimentary lunch and resource fair begins at 12 p.m. in the Student Center Small Ballroom. The program begins at 1 p.m. and ends with an optional campus tour, which starts at 4:35 p.m. Free parking is available in Parking Structure #5. Pre-registration is highly encouraged but not required. To register, please fill out the following form: