Move-In and Check-In Information
Tips for Move-in Day
- Are you still unsure what to pack? Check out our suggested packing list as you prepare for move-in.
- Don't forget to bring your K Book. You'll need it as a reference once you get to campus.
- Dress comfortably on the big day and wear sensible shoes.
- Bring a cart or dolly if you have one at home. You'll be able to borrow from a limited quantity once you arrive on campus, but you may save yourself some hassle by bringing your own.
- Stay hydrated. August in Kentucky isn't known for its cool temperatures, so be prepared for a hot and sticky day.
- Expect help. Every year students and staff volunteer to assist new students with move-in. That's just the kind of place UK is!
- Be patient. Moving is always a slow undertaking. UK will do its part to help make the experience as painless as possible.
- Look for the K Week staff and members of the Super Crew and K Crew who will on hand to help answer any questions you may have about K Week. You'll find them in the neon green "Ask Me!" t-shirts.
- Get excited! You have a big year ahead of you, so hit the ground running!
On-campus Move-in InformationEarly Move-in for Sorority Recruitment, Orientation for International Students, BCTC, or Marching Band Students
Saturday, August 17
Only students participating in Sorority Recruitment, BCTC or Marching Band may move into their residence hall on Saturday, August 17th. If you are participating in early move-in, it is important that you are officially registered with the appropriate department before attempting to move-in. Students who move-in early will be charged the daily rate for each evening prior to August 23, 2013.
Freshman and Transfer Student Move-in
Friday, August 23 - The University's Official Move-in Day
K Week officially begins Friday evening with residence hall floor meetings and the K Week Kick-off, where new students will meet their K Crew leaders and K Teams for the first time. Additionally, we welcome all parents and families to join us Friday evening for the Parents and Families Reception while new students attend the student-only events. New students move into their residence halls during their designated time frame to participate in K Week.
Please see the Undergraduate Housing and Residence Life Moving to Campus website for more specific information.
Saturday, August 24
10AM - 1PM: Residence Halls Open for Move-in
New students who were not able to move in on Friday may move in at this time in order to participate in K Week.
Sunday, August 25
1PM - 3PM: Residence Halls Open for Move-in
Some carts will be available to check out. No traffic control or unloading assistance will be provided on this day. Students moving into South campus should move in through the Complex Mall area.
Questions about living on campus?
Residence Life and Housing are two separate units here at UK. Follow the links below for answers to your questions.
|Residence Life||UK Housing|
|Living Learning Communities (LLCs)||Apply for On-Campus Housing|
|Staffing Structure||Housing and Dining Rates|
|Academic Support||Move-in Dates|
|ResNet Internet Service|
Check-in Information for Freshmen and Transfer Students Not Living in University Housing
Friday, August 237PM - 8PM: Off-campus Freshman Check-in
(Johnson Center Fields)
Freshmen not living in University housing are required to check in to receive a complete K Week schedule, their K Team assignment, and information about K Week activities.
7PM - 8PM: Off-campus Transfer Student Check-in
(Johnson Center Fields)
If you are a transfer student and are interested in being assigned to a Transfer K Team to participate in K Week events, you will need to check in with the K Week staff. Here you'll receive your K Team assignment, a complete K Week schedule, and information about K Week activities.
Saturday, August 249AM - 3PM: K Week Information Table
(Near UK Bookstore, Student Center)
If you still need to check in for K Week or have questions about the programs, stop by the Information Table to pick up a schedule, learn more about events, or just get answers to your questions.