What is a K Team?A K Team is a small group of 10-15 new students led by a member of the K Crew. K Teams kick off during K Week and are designed to:
- Immediately introduce new students to a other new students. K Teams can attend K Week events together, as well as events throughout the year, and get to know one another as academic and social peers.
- Provide new students with a K Crew leader who can lead them through K Week, answer questions, and serve as a resource throughout the students' first year on campus.
Freshmen will receive their K Team assignment when they move to campus. Those living in the residence halls will receive their K Week schedule of events as well as a nametag indicating their assigned K Team and K Crew leader when they check in for move-in at the halls. Freshmen living off campus should come to Off-campus Freshman Student Check-in on Friday, August 23 from 7PM - 8PM on Johnson Center Fields to receive their schedule of events and K Team assignment. All freshmen are required to attend the K Week Kick-off on Friday, August 23 at 8PM. Those living on campus should attend their residence hall floor meeting beforehand at 7PM. Freshmen will meet their K Team and K Crew leader at the K Week Kick-off.
Transfer students who wish to participate in K Week are encouraged to sign up for a K Team. Transfer students who indicate interest will be assigned to a K Team comprised of other transfer students. When possible we will assign K Crew leaders who have also been transfer students to these K Teams, though all K Crew to connect you to UK. Joining a K Team will allow you to meet other transfer students who are in a position similar to yours, and give you an immediate friend base to attend K Week events with. If you would like to sign up for a K Team be sure to attend the Optional Off-campus Student Check-in on Friday, August 23 from 7PM-8PM on Johnson Center Fields to be placed in a K Team. You will meet your K Team and K Crew Leader at the K Week Kick-off which starts on the fields at 8PM.
Adult Students / Non-traditional Students (over the age of 25)
We welcome adult students and non-traditional students who are beginning their first year on campus to join us for K Week as well. If you would like to connect with a group of other adult/non-traditional students, please e-mail your interest to the Office of New Student and Parent Programs at KWeek@lsv.uky.edu by August 1, 2013 so that we may plan accordingly. You will need to stop by Off-campus Student Check-in on Friday, August 23 from 7PM-8PM on Johnson Center Fields to receive your K Team assignment.
Who are the K Crew?
The K Crew is a group of student leaders who are responsible for planning and carrying out K Week events. These students love UK and can't wait to hang out with you during K Week! Your K Crew leader will meet you and the rest of your K Team at the K Week Kick-off on Friday, August 23 at 8 PM on the Johnson Center Fields. He or she will attend events with you and your K Team throughout K Week, and will serve as a resource to you throughout your entire first year on campus.
K Team Meetings & Required K Week EventsAll new students assigned to K Teams are required to attend their K Team meetings and expected to attend events throughout the week with their team as well. Attending events with your K Team will allow you to form a new network of friends and develop a relationship with your K Crew leader.
Mandatory K Week Events (*Attend with your K Team)
Friday, August 23, 2013
• Residence Hall Floor Meeting (if living on campus), 7PM - 8PM, students' assigned floors
• *K Week Kick-off (i.e., First K Team Meeting), 8PM - 10PM, Johnson Center Fields
Saturday, August 24, 2013
• New Student Induction Ceremony, 3:30PM, Memorial Coliseum
• *K Team Meeting: K Week Overview, 6:30PM, Johnson Center Fields
• *Big Blue U, after K Team Meetings, Commonwealth Stadium
• *Campus Ruckus, after Big Blue U, Commonwealth Stadium parking lot
Sunday, August 25, 2013
• *K Team Meeting: Lunch and Campus Tour with your K Team, 1PM-3PM, TBD by K Team
• UK Lex-Mart, 3PM-5PM, Botanical Gardens near Student Center
• *Student Center Spectacular, 8PM - 12AM, Student Center
Monday August 26, 2013
• *K Team Meeting: Dinner with your K Team , 5PM - 7PM, TBD by K Team
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
• College Meetings, 1PM - 3:30PM, designated locations
• *K Team Meeting: CRE Discussion, 3:45PM - 4:45PM, designated locations
• *We Are UK, 5PM - 8PM, behind Memorial Hall
Thursday, August 29, 2013
• Residence Hall Floor Meeting (if living on campus), 8PM-9PM, students' assigned floors