k week discussion group assignment
Discussion Group Assignment FAQ
Click on a question below to expand or collapse more information.
All freshmen will be assigned to a small group, called a K Team, of 10-15 new students. These K Teams will be led by a member of the K Crew.
The K Crew is a group of student leaders who are responsible for planning and carrying out K Week events. K Crew responsibilities include:
- Serve as new students' guide to starting life at UK
- Answer new students' questions
- Address new students' concerns
- Communicate information regarding Common Reading Experience and K Week Events
- Lead K Team Meetings throughout K Week
- Attend other K Week events with their K Teams
- Stay in touch with their K Teams throughout the new students' first year on campus
Freshmen living in the residence halls will be assigned to a K Team when they check into their halls for move-in on August 17, 2012 at the start of K Week. Freshmen living off campus should attend Off-Campus Freshmen Check-in from 7:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. on August 17, 2012 at Johnson Center Fields in order to be assigned to a K Team
Freshmen will meet their K Crew leaders at the K Week Kick-off at 8 p.m. August 17, 2012 on Johnson Center Fields.
The QLC assignment on the back of the bookmark you received at Merit Weekends or Summer Advising Conferences. It can also be found by visiting the CRE Assignments page.