recommend a book
Do you know of a great book that you think could unify the UK Community through the Common Reading Experience?
To begin, we suggest you ask yourself:
- Will this book stimulate critical thinking and discussion among new students?
- Will this book provide opportunity for a common intellectual experience for the entire UK community through year-long, campus-wide programming?
If so, the Common Reading Selection Committee invites you to submit your idea for consideration for the next Common Reading Experience.
criteria for book selection
- Intellectually stimulating - stretch students' minds, encourage students to think about issues they might not have before.
- Enjoyable, engaging, relatively short, easy to read.
- Reading that will provoke interesting discussion.
- Addresses a theme/topic that can be made applicable to a wide range of students.
- Likelihood that students will not have read the book in high school.
- Relevance to first-year students, the institutional mission, campus initiatives, the current society, and/or the local community.
- Possibilities for additional programming.
recommend a book - form
Please note all the requested information below is required to successfully submit your recommendation.