RECOMMEND A BOOK
Do you know of a great book that you think could unify the UK community through the Common Reading Experience?
To begin, we suggest you ask yourself:
- Will this book stimulate critical thinking and discussion among new students?
- Will this book provide opportunity for a common intellectual experience for the entire UK community through year-long, campus-wide programming?
- Does the book adhere to the following selection criteria?
CRITERIA FOR BOOK SELECTION
- Intellectually stimulating - stretch students' minds, encourage students to think about issues they might not have before. Selected books should be at least a bit over the students' heads but not beyond reach
- Enjoyable, engaging, relatively short, easy to read
- Reading that will provoke interesting discussion
- Addresses a theme/topic that can be made applicable to a wide range of students
- Likelihood that students will not have read the book in high school
- Relevance to first-year students, the institutional mission, campus initiatives, the current society, and/or the local community
- Possibilities for additional programming
RECOMMEND A BOOK - FORM
Please note all the requested information below is required to successfully submit your recommendation.