How to Get Involved
Looking for specific events to be involved with? Click here to check out our Calendar of Events or Program page.
Need an internship? Click here.
Here at VIP, we volunteer in Green Dots, not in hours.
- Here, you can build your resume and leave a legacy.
Here, you can participate in community service and discover the influence you have to impact your peers.
- Here, you can grow your leadership ability and find your passion for everyone at UK to be free of violence and fear.
- Here, you can serve in meaningful outreach and know that you are part of a historic culture shift on this campus.
- Here, it's about exploring your connection, getting the knowledge you need, and living the green dot.
So whether you have five minutes or five hours, there's no time like today.
Stop by the VIP Center!
First, Get What You Need:
In order to transform your influence into green dots, start by stopping by to get the knowledge you need. Anytime between 8:30am and 5:00pm, drop in to the VIP Center for a few minutes to hear what the Green Dot is all about, set a Green Dot goal with us, experience the Green Dot Circuit, register for a workshop, or stop by our regular volunteer orientation to plug into a community that is working toward a violence-free campus.
Then, Get Out into Your World and Live the Green Dot:
- Tell a friend about what you learned from a Green Dot training.
- Look out for friends at parties and bars. Check in by asking, "Are you ok?"
- Support a friend who has been affected by power-based personal violence.
- On Facebook, post a quote that gets people thinking about this issue.
- Invite a friend to go with you to volunteer orientation at VIP.
- Wear a T-shirt, button, or pin that shows others power-based personal violence is a big deal to you.
- Integrate information about any form of power-based personal violence into a class assignment.
- Make an announcement or coordinate an effort to get your student org trained.
And once you are out living the Green Dot, make sure to come back to get support, knowledge, or connection whenever you need it! In this way, we will continue to build a critical mass of students who refuse to stand by while people we care about getting hurt on our campus.
Together, we are shifting apathy to action!