Welcome to Student Affairs

Giving to Student Affairs

Thank you for visiting our web site and for your interest in supporting students at the University of Kentucky. Donors to the Student Affairs Division make a huge impact on the breadth and depth of services and programs that we can provide to our students.

The Student Affairs Development Office is dedicated to the establishment of new gift programs and supporting current initiatives of the Division. The office is charged with the Division’s private fund raising activities and is responsible for the development efforts of eight departments of Student Affairs. We work closely with parents‚ alumni‚ student groups‚ corporations‚ and the campus Development Office to promote and enhance the programs and activities available to UK students.

For information on giving to Student Affairs‚ please contact:

Dr. Larry R. Crouch
Director of Student Affairs Development
112 Frazee Hall
Lexington‚ KY 40506-0031
(859) 257-5216

- or - by visiting The Office of Development.


Ways to Give

Cash Gifts - A gift of cash is the most commonly used means of giving to Student Affairs. Most cash gifts are made to special projects or made through the Student Affairs Annual Fund.

In-Kind Gifts - Individuals and corporations can make in-kind donations of products or services that are useful to the operation of the Division of Student Affairs.

Gifts of Securities - Gifts of common stocks‚ bonds‚ mutual funds‚ or other appreciated securities may be made to Student Affairs. Depending on the circumstances‚ the securities will either be managed or liquidated to achieve the donor’s goals. A popular benefit of such a gift beyond the charitable income tax deduction is that‚ in most cases‚ capital gains on the appreciation of the securities can be avoided.

Gifts of Property - Gifts of real estate and many other properties of value may be given to Student Affairs as well. These gifts can often receive the same tax treatment as gifts of securities.

Matching Gifts - Many companies match gifts their employees make to Student Affairs. If your employer has a matching gift program‚ your own gift to a specific area of support may be doubled or tripled. If your company has a matching gift program‚ your Human Resources Department will be able to provide you with additional details.

∗ Source: Indiana University Fund Raising School

division of student affairs . university of kentucky . 103 frazee hall . lexington‚ ky . 40506-0031 . (859) 257-1911 . fax (859) 323-1067

Division of Student Affairs main page