In fiscal year 2005, the National Quality Improvement Center on the Privatization of Child Welfare Services (QIC PCW) was funded by the Children’s Bureau. The QIC PCW is a five-year knowledge development initiative through a cooperative agreement between the Children’s Bureau and the University of Kentucky College of Social Work and Planning and Learning Technologies, Inc.
The National Quality Improvement Center on the Privatization is charged with
- Developing knowledge about improving outcomes for children and families in the child welfare system through privatization;
- Promoting collaborative problem-solving among sub-grantees;
- Developing and implementing privatization research and demonstration projects to promote innovation, evidence-based practice improvements, and advancement of knowledge about privatization of child welfare services;
- Establishing an information-sharing network to disseminate information on promising practices;
- Evaluating the impact of privatization on the quality, availability, cost-effectiveness and overall effectiveness of child welfare services.