Help YOU Quit
How We Can Help You Quit or Manage Your Symptoms
UK supports its employees and students who want to quit using tobacco products by offering individual and group tobacco treatment programs at no cost for one series of classes - including nicotine replacement products (typically the patch). This offer is for students and their spouses, and employees and their spouses or sponsored dependents.
For employees and students who do not want to quit but need help to feel more comfortable at work or during class, nicotine replacement gum may be purchased in campus convenience stores, gift shops at UK Chandler and Good Samaritan hospitals, Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy, Chandler Retail Pharmacy, or University Health Service Pharmacy. These locations, except for the hospital gifts shops, also carry the nicotine patch. Some products are significantly less expensive than those found in commercial pharmacies. Other options may be available to you under your health benefits program. Visit the following locations for more information:
- Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy - 740 S. Limestone, J-134 Kentucky Clinic - on the first floor of the Kentucky Clinic facility at the Limestone entrance
- University Health Service Pharmacy - 830 S. Limestone - on the first floor of the University Health Service Building (across the street from Speedway®)
- UK Chandler Hospital Gift Shop - 800 Rose Street - 1st floor off the main lobby
- UK Good Samaritan Hospital Gift Shop - 10 S. Limestone - lower level
- Chandler Retail Pharmacy, Pavillion A - 800 Rose St. - First floor, across from the Don & Mira Ball Surgery Waiting Area (Room A.01.113)
UK Convenience Stores:
- Blazer Xpress - Located on North Campus next to Blazer Café, on the corner of Martin Luther King and Keeneland Dr.
- Corner Store - Located on South Campus next to Commons Market in the Kirwan/Blanding Complex
- Quick Stop - Located in the Student Center just inside the bridge entrance across from Starbucks®
Click here (pdf) for information about Nicotine Replacement Therapy.