All travel agencies charge a service fee to their clients since the airlines stopped paying commissions to agencies. This service fee is assessed on each "transaction" processed by the travel agency, to include airline tickets, hotel reservations and car rental reservations. UK's negotiated service fee for using a full-service AAA or Avant Travel agent are:
- Domestic Airline Ticket $29
- International Airline Ticket $39
- Hotel or Rental Car Reservation without Air - $5 fee
UK's negotiated service fees for using Concur, UK's self-service online booking tool (no agent assistance) are:
- Domestic Airline Ticket $9
- International Airline Ticket $9
- Hotel or Rental Car Reservation without Air - $5
Agency Service Fee: A transaction fee will be charged each time an airline ticket is processed (purchased). Therefore, please keep in mind that if a traveler requests a change in a ticket that has already been processed (purchased), this may result in a new ticket being issued as well as another transaction fee being charged. Transaction fees are nonrefundable if a ticket is voided, refunded or exchanged.
Other Transaction Fees may be applicable under certain circumstances.
Agency Service Fee Benefits: Our negotiated service fees with AAA and Avant Travel are supported by the University and carry the following benefits for our business travelers.
- potential to change your reservation once ticketed
- potential to re-issue ticket when fare "drops" and results in net savings
- ability to void a ticket until 11:59 p.m. the next business day after a ticket is issued saving the airline expensive change fees
- extensive quality control over your reservation – 24-hour searches for lower a fare, better seat assignments, waitlist clearings, etc, up until the moment of departure
- emergency after-hours call center with immediate response
- risk management control during states of emergency (domestic and international)
- complimentary accidental death insurance of $200,000 on each ticket
- group travel services (for 10 or more flying on same itinerary) with reduced service fees
- incorporation of your travel data into University travel management reports
- incorporation of your travel data into UK's discount program with Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and Continental Airlines (every ticket booked through UK Travel gives UK more leverage in negotiating better discounts with the airlines).
Special Note: Should a traveler use an alternate travel agency (other than AAA and Avant Travel), the agency's transaction fee reimbursed to the traveler shall be no more than the fee charged by UK's travel agencies.