How to Apply
Students may declare their intent to complete this certificate program at any time. To do so, they should contact the Student Services or Advising Office where their primary major is housed to complete any necessary paperwork to make a major/minor/certificate declaration. Students are not required to see an advisor before adding the certificate. This is the same process a student would follow to add a minor or second program of study to their record.
The staff who add the certificate to the student's record in SAP should be sure to add the certificate as:
1) An additional (2nd) program of study if the student is a current degree seeking student OR
2) As the primary (1st) program of study if the student is non-degree seeking and has previously earned a University of Kentucky undergraduate degree.
***Please see the IRIS help site for procedural documents regarding the addition of a program study.***
It is important to note that there must be an exception entered in APEX in order for the requirements to appear on a student's` degree audit once the student has declared for the certificate. This process should be completed immediately after the information is added in SAP so that all advisors and students can keep track of the requirements. Please see the attached file on how to add the Certificate in APEX.
***IMPORTANT: Students pursuing only a certificate program (Undergraduate or Graduate) are NOT eligible for federal financial aid. ***
Now that you have enrolled in APEX you need to self-enroll in Blackboard. We invite you to self-enroll in the Blackboard community group where you will be submitting your co-curricular event reflection essays for review.
To enroll in the community group:
1. Login to https://elearning.uky.edu.
2. Click on the 'Courses' sub-tab.
3. In the 'Course Search' box type in CGS and click on Go.
4. The course should be the only one to come up.
5. Mouse over the Course ID and when the drop-down menu button appears, click on the button and selectEnroll.
6. Enter CGS2013 in the Access Code box and click on Submit.
We look forward to having you be a part of our community! You should also receive very soon a notification of authorship rights for the UK Certificate Global Studies blog (from Blogger.com) - you should log in there with your LOGIN@g.uky.edu address.
Please do not hesitate to contact the UKIT Helpdesk if you have any difficulties accessing these platforms.