How to apply
Who should apply? (FAQs)
> Globally Focused Coursework
Second Language Coursework
Credit-Bearing Education Abroad Component
Certificate Program Faculty Body
Globally Focused Coursework
The Certificate of Global Studies shows that you have completed 12 hours of "globally focused coursework", defined as:
- Any course for the A&S International Studies major/minor;
- Any General Education course for Global Dynamics, at the 200+ level;
- Any education abroad course;
- Any foreign language course at the 300 level or above;
- Any other courses approved by the Faculty Director because they meet the learning outcomes for Global Dynamics or International Studies courses
The Fine Print: A minimum of 6 credits must be at the 300-level or above. Additionally, you must take courses in at least two disciplines, earn a C or better in each required certificate course, and no more than nine credits can be used to satisfy other requirements.
Any questions? Not sure that a course will qualify? Contact the Faculty Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.