I make it a point to avoid any New Year’s resolutions since most are ignored after the first week. However, it might be a good way to start 2013 searching for some freebies. Here are some you may find yourself enjoying.
- Free Wi-Fi may be found in restaurants and stores trying to win your business; may also be offered in libraries.
- Free software, such as offered by Google Docs or Mint.com
- Free language lessons, such as found at Openculture.com
- Unlimited texting is available in some phone plans.
- Free workouts – instead of paying a monthly fee to run a treadmill in a gym, try walking or jogging outside. In inclement weather, find an inside mall to walk in.
- Free tax help; call the IRS help line at 800-829-1040.
- Free books, music and movies can be checked out in your local public library.
- Free television; yup, broadcast TV is still available, and it’s still free, unlike cable of satellite TV.
- Free Checking – tired of paying a monthly service charge for a checking account? Come to UKFCU, where our checking accounts are all without a monthly service charge. Click here for more information on our checking accounts.