With unlimited check writing, 24 hour ATM/Debit card access and Click N Pay, UKFCU’s Checking Account is flexible and convenient. You have the choice to use your account in a way that best fits your lifestyle. Several branch locations give you access to your account in person, and our electronic offerings give you 24 hour access from your home or anywhere life takes you. No matter what you choose UKFCU is here to provide you with traditional check services along with the power of online technology.
* UKFCU’s ABA/Routing Number is: 242176129 *
- First box of basic checks free
- No minimum balance
- No monthly service charge
- E-statements available
- Unlimited Check writing
- 24 hour Debit Card and ATM access
- Several Overdraft Protection options
- 24 hour account access through the Mainline phone system and Home @ccess online
- Direct deposit
- FREE Online Bill payment with Click N Pay
Smart Checking Student Account
College students are always on the go. That is why we have designed the Smart Checking to specifically meet a busy student’s needs on campus or at home. Smart Checking is available to any student that meets the general specifications of a University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union membership. In addition to our regular checking account benefits, the Smart Checking Account offers the following features.
Smart Checking Account:
- No ATM charges from UKFCU
- FREE Gift
- Automatic E-statements
- Credit Card Available
- First box of checks free with college logo
- FREE online bill pay with Click N Pay
- Discounts on auto loans
- FREE financial counseling
- FREE traveler’s checks
- Debit Card
Senior Freedom Checking Account
Our Senior members deserve the freedom to pursue their travel and leisure activities at the best prices possible. That is why we have designed the Senior Freedom Checking Account to enable you to access special deals on hotels, air travel, cruises, vacation packages and much more! Freedom Checking is available to any member age 54 and above and in addition to our regular checking account benefits, the Senior Freedom Checking Account offers the following features.
- 0.25% discount on Auto Loans
- Free Visa Debit Card
- $25 bonus on opening new Vacation Club Account
- Free On-Line bill payment with Click N Pay
- Travel benefits through CUonVacation
- Free Traveler’s Checks
- First box of basic checks free
- Visa Credit Card
- E-statements available
- Special Seminar invitations
- Free Road Atlas
Click N Pay
Receive and pay your bills online with the click of a mouse through UK Federal Credit Union’s Click N Pay. This online service is Simple, Safe and Guaranteed. You can pay anyone from your mortgage company to your gardener. Plus, you can track the status of every bill you pay.
- Receive and pay all of your bills in one location
- Simplify your life by using reoccurring payments
- Pay your bills in a safe and secured environment. Never worry about lost checks again.
- Take control of your finances: you can see all of your payment history in one place
View a demo of Click N Pay
Visit our Click N Pay FAQs page for more information.
Or login to Home @ccess and start using Click N Pay today!
NCUA, the National Credit Union Administration, a US government agency, insures your funds up to $250,000.00. For more information on NCUA insurance coverage go to the NCUA Share Insurance Tool Kit at http://www.ncua.gov/DataApps/Pages/SI-Tools.aspx. Additionally, ESI, Excess Share Insurance Corporation, a private corporation, insures your funds up to an additional $250,000.00.
We understand that life can throw you some curves causing you to need extra cash or forget about a payment. Your credit union is equipped with overdraft options to help you straighten out those curves.
Standard overdraft protection is an easy way to prevent you from accidentally overdrawing your checking account. It covers you by drawing from the available balance of your savings (in $100 dollar increments) leaving you a positive balance when possible.
- Money can be transferred from either Prime Share or Senior Share
- Low fee—Only $3.00 per overdraft transfer
- Transfers in $100 increments
- All members with a Checking Account are eligible for basic Overdraft Protection
- Number of transfers may vary, please call for details
Overdraft Line of Credit
Let a UKFCU Overdraft Line of Credit cover your checking account without drawing from your savings.
- No transfer fee
- Transfers only the amount needed
- No limit on number of transactions (up to credit limit)
- Leaves your Savings account to earn interest
- Credit Life and Disability insurance available
Check Sentry Overdraft Courtesy
Check Sentry is an added layer of safety should you write checks for more than the amount available in your account. This courtesy is in addition to any amount that may be covered by another form of overdraft protection. While there is a $25 charge for each overdrawn item paid, Check Sentry Overdraft Courtesy protects you from additional merchant returned item fees.
- Account must be open 90 days and in good standing before being reviewed for eligibility
- Protects your good name
- Up to $750 coverage
- Covers only the amount needed
- Eliminates merchant returned check charges
- No hassle from collection agencies
- Qualified members may be eligible
- No applications or additional signatures
For more information regarding this service please review our Check Sentry FAQ’s sheet (PDF; requires Adobe® Reader® to view).
A UKFCU Debit Card gives you instant access to your account from virtually anywhere. With your Personal Identification Number (PIN) you can withdraw funds or check on your account from a wide variety of ATM’s.
Debit Card Features:
- Instant issue at branches
- Can be used anywhere Visa is accepted
- Accepted at numerous nationwide networks
- Used like a credit card but draws from your checking account
- Can be protected by Verified by Visa for additional online security
- Withdraw cash from participating retailers
- Fraud protection
As of 3/29/07, these countries/states have debit card blocks against them.
Lost or Stolen Card Information
If you debit card has been lost or stolen contact our ATM/Debit Card Coordinator during regular business hours (9:00 am—5:30 pm Monday—Thursday, 9:00 am—6:00 pm Friday) at 859-264-4200. If calling after business hours, our 24 hour hotline can be reached at 800-654-7728.