A UKFCU Money Market Account offers the benefit of a higher interest rate than your saving account while providing flexibility similar to your checking account.
Money Market Account:
- Minimum balance of $1,000 to open the account
- No monthly surcharge
- 6 transactions permitted each month*
- Unlimited transactions at the teller line
- Interest paid monthly on accounts carrying a balance of at least $1000
- Tiered interest rates offer higher rates for higher balances
* Transaction limitations are set by Regulation D. May be check, automatic ACH, online banking, or a combination of transactions, but is limited to six per month.
NCUA, the National Credit Union Administration, a US government agency, insures your funds up to $250,000.00. For more information on NCUA insurance coverage go to the NCUA Share Insurance Tool Kit at http://www.ncua.gov/DataApps/Pages/SI-Tools.aspx. Additionally, ESI, Excess Share Insurance Corporation, a private corporation, insures your funds up to an additional $250,000.00.