The license agreement is not unlike other site-licensed software agreements
at the University. However, it is the largest UK site license arrangement
ever for faculty and staff, and it allows for the most economical access
to key Microsoft products on campus. The following are benefits of the
- Provides access to widely used Microsoft desktop and operating system
software for faculty and staff. The Macintosh platform is included
in the Desktop Suite as available.
- Provides an opportunity to work with current software that might
otherwise be unaffordable.
- Allows access to the latest versions for all software products covered
in the agreement.
- Low, cost-effective pricing which is fixed over the term of the
- Licenses issued under the agreement will be perpetual. Copies purchased
with institutional funds for faculty/staff will be owned by the institution
and remain with the institution after a faculty or staff member leaves.
- Home use is allowed for the desktop software by faculty and staff,
but for UK business purposes only.
- The agreement provides a standardization framework for compatibility
of Microsoft desktop support across the University by providing access
to the latest versions. This should lead to streamlined university-wide
computing support services.