Calendar Button myUK button Contact button
National Student Exchange

NSE Frequently Asked Questions

  • Who can exchange? NSE exchange participants must be undergraduates, enrolled full time the semester before the exchange and maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA.

  • Can a senior exchange? Yes, seniors usually exchange for one semester.

  • Can I exchange at any of the NSE member campuses? UK participates in exchanges with all the campuses listed in the Directory except campuses in Canada.

  • Do grades earned during exchange transfer back to UK? Credit hours earned during the exchange do transfer back to UK but grades do not. Grades earned during the exchange will not be factored into your UK GPA.

  • How long can I exchange? You may participate in the exchange for a cumulative total of one calendar year, defined as an academic year and a summer session.

NSE Links

>> Program Information

>> Planning Your Exchange

>> Application Process and NSE Forms

>> Incoming Students

>> FAQs

>> Contact



Social Networking Icons© 2012 - 2013 UK | Undergraduate Studies. The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity University
Contact Webmaster | Last site update: March 26, 2014
Some files on the site require the use of Adobe reader. You may download it here.


Home Announcements Contact UG Home UK Home US Facebook Link to the US Twitter page Link to Undergraduate Studies Home Facebook page