- A list of required prerequisite courses for medical, dental, optometry and podiatry schools in the United States and information for osteopathy and chiropractic schools
- Help planning the schedule of pre-professional courses with the requirements of your major
- Suggestions for additional courses outside the prerequisites
- Connections to the student organizations, volunteer work and medical-related experiences
- Information on ways to prepare for and when to take admission tests
- Information regarding the application process
Introductory meetings are held in September and October for new students on campus and students who recently developed a pre-professional interest.
General meetings are held in September and October for student who are preparing to apply to professional school the next application cycle.
Applicant Information Sessions for applying students are held in March, April, May, September, and October. See additional information in the link above.
Students are encouraged to attend an informational meeting prior to scheduling an individual appointment. Individual pre-professional advising appointments are available from September to May with the exception of the priority registration windows. To prepare for your pre-professional advising appointment read all the information provided on our website for your specific program of interest prior to your advising appointment. Use the links in the additional information section. Schedule an appointment.
Stay informed by joining the pre-med listserve. Undergraduate Studies posts meeting information, announcements, research, employment, and volunteer opportunities for UK's pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-optometry and pre-podiatry students. Subscribe to the listserve by emailing a message to email@example.com. In the body of the text type: SUBSCRIBE PRE-MED-L. To unsubscribe type UNSUBSCRIBE PRE-MED-L in the body of the text.
Lesli Hall, (859) 257-7137, A-H
John Hurak, (859) 257-4036, I-R
Kathy Hestand, (859) 257-1525, S-Z